How To Pair Plantation Shutters With Curtains
Combining plantation shutters with curtains is a timeless design choice that adds both practicality and visual appeal to your living spaces. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore how to create the perfect pairing of these two window treatments, ensuring your home’s interior achieves the perfect balance of style, privacy and light control. Let’s dive into the world of plantation shutters and curtains, discovering the best practices for a flawless look.
Choose the Right Type of Plantation Shutters
The first step in creating the ideal pairing of plantation shutters and curtains is selecting the right type of shutters for your space. Here are the most popular types of plantation shutters to consider:
- Full-height shutters: Covering the entire height of the window, these shutters provide maximum privacy and light control.
- Café-style shutters: These shutters cover only the lower half of the window, allowing for natural light while maintaining privacy.
- Tier-on-tier shutters: With separate top and bottom panels, these shutters offer versatile light control and privacy options.
Select the Perfect Curtains
Once you’ve chosen the right type of plantation shutters, it’s time to find the perfect curtains to complement them. Consider the following factors when selecting your curtains:
- Fabric type: Select a fabric that complements the overall style of your room and matches the weight and texture of the plantation shutters.
- Colour and pattern: Choose colours and patterns that enhance the design of your space and coordinate well with the shutters.
- Opacity: Determine the desired level of light control and privacy by selecting the appropriate opacity for your curtains.
Coordinate the Hardware
Ensure a cohesive look by selecting curtain rods, brackets and finials that match the style and finish of your plantation shutters’ hardware.
Balance Light Control and Privacy
To achieve the ideal balance of light control and privacy, consider the following tips:
- Café-style shutters with sheer curtains: This combination allows for ample natural light while maintaining privacy on the lower portion of the window.
- Full-height shutters with blackout curtains: This pairing provides maximum light control and privacy for bedrooms and media rooms.
Mix and Match Colours and Patterns
Don’t be afraid to mix and match colours and patterns when pairing plantation shutters with curtains. Some creative ideas include:
- Contrasting colours: Pair a neutral-coloured shutter with bold curtains or vice versa.
- Coordinating patterns: Choose curtains with a pattern that complements the colour of the shutters or select a pattern that incorporates the shutter colour as an accent.
Enhancing Your Space with Plantation Shutters and Curtains
Pairing plantation shutters with curtains is a timeless and sophisticated design choice that can elevate the aesthetics of any room. By considering the type of shutters, the perfect curtains, and coordinating hardware, you can create a stunning window treatment that offers both style and function.
Remember, the overall effect of your plantation shutters and curtain combination will look vastly better if you’ve taken the care to install them properly. That’s why it’s a great idea to seek out the professionals to do the job for you. At Phoenix Blinds, our team will visit your home or business for a free measure and quote, ensuring you get the look you want, at a transparent price. Get in touch with us today to make your dream windows a reality!